Hanging a hammock is not a difficult task, is it? The answer will be affirmative and negative as well. Wait, the question that took place on your mind will be removed.
If you see anyone that hanging his hammock, you will find it too easy to do. And yes in a sense, it is one of the easiest tasks. It does look easy, but the process has some complexity. For this reason in most of the cases, we frequently find people asking a question that ‘how can I hang my hammock?’
When you will be able to hang your hammock correctly for once, after that it will become effortless for you. But the first time is the toughest.
There are a lot of ways to hang a hammock with rope, and also lots of processes are available for knotting the rope for the hammock. You have been confused when anyone narrates you the ways. That’s why people find this process a bit difficult.
There is nothing to worry about. We are here to help you. In the following segment, we have portrayed the easiest way to hang a hammock with rope. Just read it out and be able to hang your hammock yourself.
Hammock Hanging Procedure:
Which type of hanging style do you prefer? There are three different styles for hanging the hammock. After learning about them, choose one.
Swing Style (Without Spread Bar)
This hammock swing style allows you to tilt and rock your hammock chair back and forth. In this style, your hammock chair will hang from two anchor points; they can be two trees, two points on the wall or your ceiling, or else. For this hammock swing style, the process of hanging is portrayed here step by step –
- Turning the rope on itself make a bend with the rope.
- Curve the created loop over itself at 90 degrees.
- Drag the loop beyond the underlying rope.
- In the newly-made hole, pull the loop and tighten it. Now you should have a knot with a loop on one end.
- Fold the free end of the rope around the anchor or tree or others and then come back across over the knot.
- Pushing the end underneath and back over, there creates a knot with a free end facing the same direction as before you wrapped it around the anchor or others.
- Repeat the process as possible as many times before you find it fit.
- At last, push the end through the eyehole formed by looping around itself and push it.
- Within the hole of the looped knot that we have found from the step 4, put the anchor of your hammock.
Repeat this procedure also in another three ends of the hammock. And by following this procedure, hang your swing style (without Spread-bar) hammock with the rope.
Swing Style (With Spread Bar)
As like that swing-style, it also allows you to turn and rock your hammock chair back and forth. But the difference is that in this swing-style the two ending points of your hammock will be connected with a spread bar, which gives the stability. There is another advantage of this style. This method reduces the distance between two anchor points from where the hammock is hanged.
For hanging your hammock in this swing-style; first, take a Spread-bar considering the size of your hammock and then put your hammocks looped end around the Spread-bar. Repeat this process also at the other end of the both Spread-bar and the hammock. Then follow the procedure of without spread bar swing-style. Just change a bit in step nine. In this step, push the eyehole around the Spread-bar.
In this procedure, you can easily make a swing style (with Spread-bar) hanging hammock.
Pivot Style (with Spread Bar)
This one is entirely different in manner. In this hanging style, you will only need a single anchor point for hanging. Knot the two ending points with a spread bar and then tie another two ropes in the two ending points of the bar. After this, twist the ropes and make a knot with the center anchor. This style allows you to rotate the chair to 360 degrees and also you can drift it gently for relaxation.
The hanging procedure of this style is a bit different than the previous two methods. In this process-
- First, put the hammocks looped end around the Spread-bar of as like as the Spread-bar swing style.
- Repeat the process in the other ends of both the Spread-bar and the hammock. After that, the process is totally changed.
- Take an enough long rope. Make two eyehole knots on the two ends of the rope. Don’t forget to take that size of rope by which you can hang your pivot style hammock. The length of the rope depends on the distance between the ceiling and the two ends of the spread bar. The two ends will create a 45 degrees con with the anchor of your ceiling. Besides using one single rope, you can use two different ropes in this process.
- Then wrap one eyehole around the left end of the Spread-bar.
- Then push another end within the anchor of your ceiling and so on.
- Angle and bend it within the anchor in 360 degrees.
- Continue the process for sometimes.
- After 4 to 5 times of repeat the process, extract the end of the rope from the opposite of the side that you push the end within the anchor.
- At last, wrap the eyehole of this end around the right end of the Spread-bar.
That’s how you can hang the pivot style hanging hammock chair under your ceiling.
Here’s a Video about This Topic:
The hammock can give us the highest pleasure at our free times as well as leisure period. People used it for enjoying the fresh air and aroma. Since they have largely used from a long time ago, people utilize them for various purposes. But the purposes of the hammock are changed day by day considering the change of the designs of the hammock.