The primary reason why neck hammock could be your first choice is its affordability and portability. Other available methods are costlier and you would not like to go for the hassle they bring about.
There may be tens of other ways but people prefer neck hammock for its lightweight and ease of use.As this is a complete home solution for neck pains so people nowadays are more interested to have a taste of this than directly go to a chiropractor. You will also feel a sense of redemption hearing that the device was first introduced by a professional therapist who saw the need for a product that can be used by patients at their own home.
Benefits of using a neck hammock
- Improve spine misalignment
- Increase blood circulation and overall sense of wellbeing
- Development of mobility and flexibility
- Pain and stiffness reduction
When neck hammock is recommended
Don’t assume that neck hammock will be sufficient for every headache and pain. There are several conditions where cervical traction works very well. It’s better to contact a physician prior to use a neck hammock. A neck hammock turns out to be most effective in treating the following conditions-
- Bulging or herniated discs
- Cervical spondylosis
- Pinched nerves
When you should not try a neck hammock
Cervical traction may not be effective and may cause injury if applied in some cases. The following conditions are where you should not go for a neck hammock.
- New fracture in the spine
- Infection of bone
- Neck tumors
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Bolts or screws in the neck due to surgery
Things you will find in a neck hammock
- Adjustable/nonadjustable Straps
- Bungie strap
- Carry pouch
- Neck Hammock
Where you can hang the neck hammock
- Door jamb
If this is the first time with the device you may face some problems installing it. Some guys install it in a pretty ordinary fashion and not get the desired result. So everyone with the product in their hands needs to be well aware of the situations that may occur and how to get the desired results from the stuff.
Problems you may face
- The items having a fixed strap may not be appropriate for some door height.
- Every doorknob is not the same nor their height. So some bungee straps would be either too long or too short for that particular door.
- Some of you may go away from the door to fix the height problem but the bungee strap will absorb energy due to the tension and try to slip from the neck and head.
- While we recommend 2-4 inches elevation from the ground some of the hammocks may not allow it with some doorknobs. You have to adjust the length using the adjustable strap.
Measures you should take to avoid problems
- Try to purchase a product having an adjustable strap
- Measure the height of doorknob and try to see the dimension of the product before purchasing so that you can guess either it’s going to work or not.
- Sometimes the door jamb is slightly higher than the doorknob. Try to see if this position works better for you.
Now we will share a guideline for setting up so that it becomes a piece of a cake for you.
How To use The Neck Hammock
- Use open end of the door strap to wrap around the doorknob. Make sure to hang it on the other side of the door.
- Now pull the other end through the doorway.
- Close the door tightly.
- Attach bungee strap at this end of the door strap.
- Attach the main neck hammock part with the bungee strap using the hook.
- Keep your head in the hammock and enjoy!
If you’re using a door jamb or a random fixed pole then the first step will vary a bit.
While using Door jamb-
- Place door pillow in the door jamb
- Close the door and pull it strong.
While using a for pole/post/railing-
- Wrap strap around the pool to make a loop. Pull the other end through the loop
- Attach the bungee strap.
Tips and precautions
- Don’t use it for over 15 minutes. A lengthier session may make your neck grumpy and stiff.
- Make sure to keep your head at the recommended elevation. Higher may cause bad effects and lower may not bring any desired results.
- Use stable and sturdy objects for your safety.
- Tell everyone so that they do not open or try to open the door.
We have broken down the procedures for neck hammock setup into a few simple steps so that you won’t have trouble installing it for the first time. Just follow them sequentially, and it is done!