Foot Hammock is the small version of the hammock that fits under your office desk or study table. Some people spend hours sitting on the desk. People like students, programmers, writers, receptionist, and gamers face health issues due to sitting on the desk for a long time. Foot hammock is an excellent choice for them. It allows the user to stretch their legs and rest the feet without leaving the chair. And the best part? You can make foot hammock DIY quite readily !
The Foot Hammock provides a very intuitive way to relax your feet. You can find much competing Foot Hammock available in the market. Most of them have clips to fit it with any objects. Typical Foot Hammock can endure up to 100 lb of weights. It may range from $15 to $40 (check from amazon) depending on the type of fabrics. It is an easy and portable object. You can make it on your own at home with the easy method.
In this tutorial, I would like to educate you how you can produce your own Foot Hammock. I will explain to you how you can able to carry out yourself to this DIY job.
Why should you Use Foot Hammock?
The idea of Foot Hammock came from two young students of Brigham Young University. Matt Hulme and Brent Murray created the healthy Foot Hammock. According to them, people who do desk job feel pain on their feet. The pain can be removed by changing the posture, circulation, and comfort. Every employers and employee should consider relaxing their foot. They created the Foot Hammock for those people.
Moreover, Dr. Ladha says, working for a long time can put intense pressure on your foot. You should consider putting less stress on your feet.
Potential Benefit of Foot Hammock
The foot is the only organ that makes you move. If you don’t care for your feet, you are going to be risk your health in long-term. Pain in the foot may lead to uncomfortable feelings while working in the office. It may reduce your productivity. On the other hand, foot disability may make you jobless. Foot Hammock can be an excellent choice for the following reasons.
- It helps diminish leg and foot pain.
- It elevates your feet and legs increments venous come back to the heart. It continues to swell to a base.
- It may help lessen the danger of DVT. It is related with lots of idleness.
- You can be more dynamic by changing your foot position. It reduces the chance of less venous stasis.
- It reduces the pain related to sitting for extensive stretches.
- It reduces the pains inside the bones of the foot.
- You can rest in more common positions.
How to create Foot Hammock DIY ?
Now, I am going to write how to create a Foot Hammock at home. For this job, you have to gather the necessary materials. You can use any fabrics for the Foot Hammock. However, soft fabric is comfortable for the feet.
Step 1: Materials
In this step, I will tell the materials are needed for creating a handmade Foot Hammock. The following elements are required for finishing our product.
- Wooden Dowels
- Sturdy fabric (canvas)
- Scissors for cutting fabrics
- Needle or Sewing machine
- Drill (optional)
Step 2: Calculate and Cut Material
- You have to cut the fabric into a rectangle. You need to measure the fabric first.
- Here I give you an idea of the purpose of cutting material. Use one dowel across and twice of the dowel for the long. You don’t need to reduce the fabric maintain the lines. Because you have to fold the fabric and it will be invisible.
Step 3: Time to Pin and Sew Edge
- Fold the long edge.
- Pin it
- Sew it so that it makes a neat edge. If you do not sew, it may tear apart.
Step 4: Insert Dowels
- Now, fold the short side of the fabric.
- Sew the largely closed fold.
- Keep some room to penetrate the dowels.
- You have to repeat it for both sides.
- Insert the dowels.
Step 5: Secure the Rope
- Fasten a rope to the dowel.
- Remember to use sturdy rope. You can use nylon rope. Nylon rope is sturdy enough to hold your feet.
- On the other side of the rope tie clips on both side.
- Put the clips on to keep the hammock.
The hammock is finally ready to use. However, before you put your feet onto it, remember that knot is a crucial safety matter. Before you knot it try to learn some hammock knot techniques. As far there are types of knot. One is static knot which can take a heavy load. Another one is adjustable knots. It cannot carry heavy loads. Though the weight of feet is not so much, in an absent mind, your feet can put intense pressure on the hammock. In that case, you may end up hurting your feet.
Step 6: Party
It is now time to sit back. Place your feet on the hammock. Remember to remove your feet with caution. You may hit the desk with your feet.
Foot Hammock is a beautiful invention. I wanted you to get an opportunity to make your workspace relaxing and much more inviting. Apart from incorporating an element of relaxation to the workplace, the foot hammock helps circulation. It takes stress off the legs and feet. It also retains the body at the perfect place for back support.
You can drag the ropes to increase or reduce the hammock along with the hook rings. Thus you can match it with any table, desk or another surface. The simple design allows for simple installation and disassembling. It makes it a cinch to shoot anywhere. The easy, yet smart, Foot Hammock is ideal for either a job or home office and does not need much effort to function.
I hope this note about creating Foot Hammock will be useful to you. What do you think? Tell us and share the content on your social networks if you like my article.