A Hammock Chair has different designs, and it comes up with lots of benefits. It is not spacious and not expensive. If you are searching for a source to make your DIY hammock chair , you are absolutely in the right place.
Maybe, you are a beginner in this process. Considering the situation, you may take a little bit of time to make it. Nothing to worry about it. You need to have patience for making a unique, cozy hammock chair.
How is it beneficial?
Think of a family that consists of more than five members. All of them will talk and gossip with each other. You may need some space to think about yourself.
If you have a hammock chair in the corner of a room or somewhere quiet, you can enjoy the serenity.
Few families have more than one kid. The older one may need some time to do its homework or art or read. This DIY hammock will provide the scope to the older one.
DIY Hammock Chair : a step by step tutorial
Making a hammock chair considering the kids will not be wise. You can make it versatile by introducing a hammock that can hold not only kids but also elders.
You can put different pillows inside the hammock to make it cozier.
To make it more efficient for elders, you can put some books beside the hammock chair. They will relax and read some good books to chill correctly.
Candles are amazing things to make the hammock chair more exciting. It will add value to the romance of the couples. You may have a good time with your partner.
N.B. if you want the hammock to work as a versatile one, you need excellent materials so that it can hold the weight of the elders and the kids.
Materials You will need:
- Oak dowel
- Stainless screws
- Drill machine
- Sewing machine
How to build a hammock chair:
- You have to fold the canvas into half and mark where you will cut it.
- I suggest cutting 12” since you are making it for both kids and elders.
- Make a straight line using a ruler from one side to another.
- You have to cut the canvas in both parts and check whether it went right or not.
- Double up the canvas into half and take the iron to make it flat in the top
- In the bottom, repeat the same. Crease it into half and make it iron flat
- Then, stick it with a pin to make the stitching easier.
- Firstly, stitch the bottom and then the other side of the canvas.
- On the right edge, you have to flip the canvas at a ninety-degree angle to the right.
- You have to make pockets on both sides. The pockets will help to put the rope through to hang from the stand.
- Each side has to get folded in half inches and iron flat.
- There is an unhemmed part. It should not stay open, and you have to fold it into half and iron flat.
- Now, fold it again into half.
- You have to stitch, and it has to be from the bottom edge. The top and bottom sides have to be together.
- Stitch the parts altogether again.
- You can double-up the stitching to make the lines stronger.
- Marking the dowel in 2” and 4” is a must in both parts of it.
- Then, with the drilling machine make holes.
- If the dowel is not polished, you have to furnish it.
- Lastly, you can paint it or keep the natural wooden color of the dowel.
- Now, it is the fun part that is painting the canvas.
- Paint the canvas with your color. Use the acrylic color to paint.
- You can choose your canvas, or you can buy it.
- Before you use ready-made, check whether the canvas can hold the weight and has a good quality of the prints.
- The printed canvas is mostly soft. It is the foremost duty to check the strength of the canvas.
- You have to tie a knot.
- Tying the knot is a tricky job. You have to hold it 16” of the rope, and there will be a left part.
- You have to use fire to unravel the leftover part of the rope
- Trample the rope in holes of the dowel. Upward from the larger part of the canvas to the thinner piece of the dowel.
- It is time to tie another knot. Keep three- or four-inches distance from the first knot.
- Keep making knots that are 5” distant from each other.
- Trample down the knot in the other side’s pocket. Do not make it tight. Keep it loose.
- Adjust the knots of both sides properly according to the hammock chair’s height.
- Look for the middle point of the rope to tie it with the dowel.
- You can tie the knot about 8” to 12” above the floor of the room.
- Fix the spring with the wall and put the rope in the hook. Make it hang from the wall or anywhere you want to place the hammock chair.
- Before sitting on the hammock chair, kindly check whether the knots are tight enough to support the weight.
Maintaining all these steps, you can make a perfect hammock chair for your relaxation. It will give you a unique place to do multitasks in daily life.
You can put a soft, furry cushion to add more coziness in the hammock chair. When you find comfort in a place, your brain functions actively.
Before sitting, assure yourself about the security. Checking the tightness of the knots is a must thing to do. There should be no compromise regarding protection. You should not hurt yourself.
Placing the hammock chair in your backyard or your room will attract the kids to be playful.
If you have more than one kid, the elder one may get some time to spare to do his school works sitting in tyour very own diy hammock chair.