Camping hammocks are becoming more and more popular among modern day campers for their versatility and great value for money. Available in different price ranges, there are many options in the market that you can buy if you are on a tight budget. Clark NX-270 however, falls in the expensive range of the price spectrum, but if you don’t want to settle for anything but the best, it would be money well spent.
Clark NX-270 is the latest arrival in Clark’s high-grade NX series, which has been designed to serve you all year long and endure the harshest obstacles thrown towards you by Mother Nature. Clark NX-270 was dubbed as a “Cold weather fortress” by the Backpacker magazine and was also named the best camping hammock of 2017 by the most read American outdoor magazine.
Clark NX-270 Camping Hammock Review :
➤ The Perfect Bed
You will lay snug as a bug in the rug on a Clark-NX 270. The adjustable poles facilitate a broad and stable sleeping space, perfect for a comfortable nap. The hammock keeps your body as horizontal as possible and evenly distributes your weight to retain a comfortable position. Clark-NX 270 also features anti-stress bungee cords for additional support and preventing the bed from tipping over.
➤ High Durability
Clark NX-270 comes with Clark’s very own WeatherShield feature to keep you safe and comfy during heavy rainfall or a severe snow storm. Resonating Clark’s crafting pyrotechnics, the hammock has been built using strong nylon fibers while the rain fly and tarpaulins are made of water repellents. The hammockspecializes in surviving adverse weather conditions, an essential feature that makes it usable anytime, anywhere.
Most camping hammocks have individual features to safeguard their inhabitants from rain or other weather hazards. But when the tents are fully enclosed to keep out the detrimental weather, lack of air passage makes the interior suffocating. Clark’s WeatherShield fabrics allow adequate air passage while being completely zipped out from the outside world. Moreover, the insulating pocket systems eliminate the need for additional under-quilts for keeping you warm in cold and windy weather situations. The flexible fiberglass poles allow a spacious interior which is sufficient for sitting up and moving around. You can further increase the head space by inserting a lightweight pole that comes with the package, into the top of the hammock. It will give the tent a dome like structure and give you enough space to hang a light on the ceiling.
➤ Fantastic Anti-Bug Measures
No-see-um nets have been included to keep the pesky bugs out of your outdoor escapade. No-see-um nets vary in holes per square inch count. The ones with lower holes per square inch aren’t capable of keeping out smaller insects, but the most common nets used in hammocks have a mediocre hole per square inch ratio of 500-700. Clark has used 1200 holes per square inch nets in this model to protect you from the tiniest pesky menaces. The bed has been made using side effect free mosquito repulsive materials, which will ensure you sleep like a baby even in the most mosquito dominant region.
➤ Extra Storage
We have already mentioned the underlying compartments of the Clark NX-270 which give you additional warmth and storage space. There are six under pockets in the hammock which you can access from the inside. Patented by Clark, storage pockets is an exclusive feature that you will not find in other camping hammocks. You can keep your essentials close at hand without overcrowding your bed or the interior. Need your slippers after waking up in the middle of the night? Just unzip the zipper of the pockets, and there they are!
KEY FEATURES & SPECS
- Type: Solo
- Climate: 4-season
- Packing Weight: 2 lbs 15 oz / 1.34 kg
- Packing Size: 16 X 8 X 6 in. / 40 X 20 X 15 cm
- Safety/Comfort Weight Limit: 300 lbs / 136 kg
- Maximum Weight Limit: 700 lbs / 318 kg
- High holes per square inch ratio no-um-see netting
- Weathershield layer over the netting to protect the inhabitants from adverse weather conditions
- Interior pockets for additional storage and warmth
- Flexible fiberglass poles to adjust the interior space
- High-quality nylon made rain fly
- Water resistant polypropylene ropes
- Versatile and convenient to use. Can be used as either as a ground bivy or a hammock. Gives the user an option to choose between the two.
- No-tip design to prevent the bad from tipping over.
- Usable in all seasons.
- Advanced WeatherShield feature ensures breathability while protecting the inhabitants from outside weather.
- Waterproof ropes and exterior.
- Flexible pole tents accommodate a roomy interior, so no chance of feeling claustrophobic inside.
- Six internal compartments included for storage purposes.
- Insulated compartments keep the interior warm and cozy, eradicating the need for extra under-quilts.
- Lightweight and easy to carry.
- Mosquito repellant beds specially designed in entomology labs.
- High-quality no-see-um nettings for keeping away tiny bugs.
- The price tag is well out of reach for many outdoor enthusiasts.
- The setup process is rather complicated and time-consuming.
- The double layer netting is susceptible to tearing.
OUR FINAL SAY
Clark NX-270 is a high-end camping hammock that represents the best quality of the market. That being said, it’s not free of flaws, and most importantly, it’s not for everyone. Before you consider buying this, you must ask yourself whether you need it or not. It’s a great gear to own for those whose sense of adventure cannot be tamed down by grim weather conditions. If you spend a substantial amount of time exploring the rugged beauty of nature, this item would be perfect to replace your usual tents or hammocks. If you are more of a holiday adventure, there are a lot of cheaper alternatives in the market. To sum up, the premium features of Clark NX-270 is worth every penny if you need it.